- Applicants must be a full-time PreK-12 classroom teacher in any regional public school district. If your teaching position is unclear in your application, we cannot consider you for a grant. If you are awarded a grant and then accept another position in your school district before the grant is awarded (like a coaching or curriculum position), we will be happy for you, but the grant will be voided. Grants cannot be transferred to colleagues.
- Applicant must demonstrate an ongoing commitment to independent reading and book clubs as regular classroom practices.
- Applicant must have a working classroom library. Photos of you and your library are encouraged as part of your application.
- Applicant must be willing to maintain the Readers to Leaders library in the applicant’s classroom. The books received from this grant are not intended for a school-wide library or to be permanently divided among teachers. Creative sharing, however, is always encouraged.
- Applicants must be willing to be included in Bookish promotional materials/website and participate in surveys about the effectiveness of a classroom library in different aspects of education.
- This grant is given to you to support your work as a classroom teacher. It is not given to the school or school district. Please be sure this is clear to your administrators before you apply. If you leave the district, the books go with you.
- Applicants will collect data on books read in order for us to create an ongoing list of books we recommend.
- In order to protect your students, only use first names if referring to students in the application.
DEADLINE: Application deadline is September 30, 2023. Awards will be announced in October.
Cassidy Jackson, Ballman Elementary – 2022
Jessica Mendenhall, Ramsey Middle School – 2022
Kelly Nickell, Northside High School – 2022
Eric Wells, Ramsey Middle School – 2023
Rachel Patton, Greenwood High School – 2023
Felicia Leister, Cedarville Elementary – 2023
Andrea Dewitt, Magazine High School – 2024
Maureen Austin, Morrison Elementary, FSSD – 2024
Brittany Green, County Line Elementary – 2024